Indigenous Program Guide
Posting No. 437(59)
- Delivers guided tours, workshops and other public and professional program activities developed for school, studio and other targeted audiences with particular attention to the Indigenous perspective, as assigned.
- Participates in the ongoing training and orientation sessions provided for Program Guides.
- Works cooperatively with other Public and Professional Programs Department staff in the development, preparation and required reporting for public programs assigned.
- Identifies required Indigenous interpretative and resource materials needed for the implementation and delivery of assigned programs, and communicates these needs to the appropriate staff for ordering and stocking.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Grade 12 education.
- Successful completion of recognized post-secondary courses in art history, fine arts or art education.
- Six months related experience working with the public. Teaching experience would be considered an asset.
- Thorough knowledge of art history, art education and studio art practices, with a focus on the Indigenous perspective
- Knowledge of the operation of public art museums, particularly within the areas of public and professional programs and the care and handling of artworks.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively orally and in front of small and large audiences including children and adults of all ages and to maintain a high level of enthusiasm.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a minimum of supervision and also in a team situation.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, to be courteous and tactful at all times with school children, teachers and all members of the public.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new information and to work with challenging ideas in a creative way.
-Evening and weekend work may be required
$20.21 to $22.28 per hour (2018 rates).
Requires Security Check:
Acceptable current Vulnerable Sector Search (VSS) upon offer of employment.
Open until filled
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit a cover letter and detailed résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must reference the job you are applying for in the “Subject” line of the email submission.