Remai Modern is closed temporarily to help mitigate risks to the public and staff related to the spread of COVID-19. We will reopen and resume public events as soon as it is safe to do so. Thank you for your support and patience as we assess the evolving situation and react accordingly.
Remai Modern is a new museum of modern and contemporary art in Saskatoon, a growing city on the vast and ever-changing Canadian Prairies. Remai Modern offers a unique perspective on art and culture in the 21st century, with an eye on the future.
Remai Modern is a thought leader and direction-setting art museum that boldly collects, develops, presents and interprets the art of our time.
Our mandate is to enable transformative experiences by connecting art with local and global communities.
REMAI MODERN IS...
- Defined by artists, and supports their work and vision to the fullest extent.
- Committed to interrogating the idea of “modern” from multiple cultural, historical and contemporary positions.
- Respectful of Canada’s Indigenous communities and aims to be a leading centre for contemporary Indigenous art and discourse.
- A leader in developing new models for sharing knowledge and engaging diverse communities.
- A platform for rethinking the role of the 21st-century art museum.
- A museum that invites everyone to actively participate in the artistic process.
Remai Modern is situated on Treaty 6 Territory and the Homeland of Métis. We pay our respects to First Nations and Métis ancestors and reaffirm our relationship with one another.
Remai Modern programming is made possible through generous support from the Frank & Ellen Remai Foundation, the City of Saskatoon, the Canada Council for the Arts, the Saskatchewan Arts Board and SaskCulture/Sask Lotteries.
Remai Modern is temporarily closed in an effort to help mitigate risks to the public related to the spread of COVID-19.
Questions? email firstname.lastname@example.org
102 Spadina Crescent East
Saskatoon SK S7K 0L3