Accounting Clerk 11
Term: Permanent full-time
Posted On: Thursday, July 8, 2021
Closing Date: Thursday, July 15, 2021 - 5:00 pm
Labour Group: CUPE 59Posting: 404(59)
- Processes and maintains payroll-related data in accordance with established policies and procedures. Produces related reports and reconciliations.
- Maintains, verifies and reconciles employee seniority, sick and vacation accrual and usage, increments, overtime and car allowance. Makes adjustments resulting from union contracts.
- Processes and maintains data related to accounts payable, revenue accounts, and monthly bank reconciliations in accordance with established policies and procedures. Produces related reports and reconciliations.
- Investigates enquiries from employees, management and external agencies, regarding payroll, accounts payable and revenue. Responds to enquiries related to established policies and procedures.
- Assists with identifying payroll and accounting problems and reviewing, developing and implementing controls, processes, procedures and forms.
- Participates in implementation and updates of POS systems.
- Maintains inventory systems at retail store level.
- Preforms other related duties as assigned.
- Grade 12 education.
- Successful completion of a recognized one year post-secondary business-related program plus or including:
- Introductory Accounting 1
- Introductory Accounting 2
- Intermediate Accounting 1
- Intermediate Accounting 2
- Management Accounting 1
- Management Accounting 2
- Commercial Law
- Five years' related experience.
- Thorough knowledge of hourly and salaried payroll terminology and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting procedures.
- Considerable knowledge of federal and provincial laws, City regulations and union agreements applicable to payroll.
- Considerable knowledge of business English and arithmetic.
- Considerable knowledge of the principles of office management procedures and systems.
- Ability to understand, apply, and make decisions in accordance with, established policies and procedures.
- Ability to maintain, and prepare reports from, complex records.
- Ability to maintain sustained attention to detail and work within deadlines.
- Ability to make arithmetic calculations with speed and accuracy.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Skill in the operation of office equipment, including a computer with word-processing, database and spreadsheet software.
Salary: $4, 838.04 to $5,333.90 per month (2021 rates)APPLY NOW