You can be a part of something amazing at Canada’s new museum of modern and contemporary art. Connect with people. Bring your innovative and motivating passion for relationship building and organizational advancement to engage our existing core of loyal and engaged members, donors, grant providers, and volunteers. Champion your staff and the Remai Modern Foundation to drive new growth through meaningful programs that you develop, lead and execute within a collaborative team environment.
As our Development Manager carrying out the following responsibilities, you will help change lives by securing resources to ensure Remai Modern’s mandate to enable transformative experiences by connecting art with local and global communities:
1. Identifies, cultivates, solicits, secures and stewards major gifts and planned gifts to meet annual development plan and capital campaign targets.
2. Cultivates and engages the Gallery's trustees, volunteers and Remai Modern Foundation trustees in the execution of the development plan and capital campaign.
3. Maintains strong relationships with existing donors and sponsors through active stewardship and creates and implements strategies to upgrade donors and sponsors.
4. Develops and manages all donor programs including annual individual programs to meet development plan targets.
5. Implement and ensures delivery of other fundraising strategies for the capital campaign and fundraising plan, including fundraising and donor recognition events.
6. Works with the Marketing Department to ensure that donor and member programs are promoted effectively to meet the targets in the development plan
7. Develops and manages membership programs to meet development plan targets.
8. Develops and coordinates grant applications to government agencies and foundations related to the development plan and campaign targets.
9. Ensures the development plan, capital campaign and other development print and electronic collateral materials are consistent with the corporate brand and produced in a timely manner.
10. Recruits, manages and coordinates trustees, staff and volunteers in the execution of the development plan and capital campaign.
11. Manages, coaches and mentors assigned staff in the Development Department.
12. Prepares and monitors revenue and expense budgets, and reports progress to the:_ Executive Director/CEO, the Director of Development and the Fundraising Oversight Committee.
13. Ensures prospect, sponsor and donor information, and significant solicitor activity, is tracked and recorded into the Department database in a timely manner.
14. Performs other related duties, as assigned.
• Demonstrated skill in the use of a computer with Microsoft Office, financial accounting and fundraising software.
• Degree in a related field. Master's degree and/or Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) designation is an asset.
• Five to seven years' progressively responsible experience in developing, implementing and managing fundraising programs including supervision of staff. Experience in a gallery or museum is preferred.
• Knowledge of public sector, non-profit organizational operations and related governmental relationships.
• Demonstrated ability to build and foster effective relationships with assigned staff, trustees, volunteers, artists, donors and sponsors.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, including the ability to create a persuasive case to garner support for key programs and projects.
• Ability to direct and support staff in achieving identified results.
• Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism, discretion, and confidentiality related to Gallery collections and operations.
• Demonstrated organizational and planning skills.
$87,035 to $102,265 per annum (2016 Rates). A comprehensive health and other benefits package is provided.
ABOUT REMAI MODERN:
Remai Modern is a thought leader and direction-setting art museum that boldly collects, develops, presents and interprets the art of our time. Located on the banks of the South Saskatchewan River, we are a leader in developing new models for sharing knowledge and engaging diverse communities. A museum that invites everyone to actively participate in the artistic process. Respectful of Canada’s Indigenous communities, we aim to be a leading centre for contemporary Indigenous art and discourse. Visit remaimodern.org to learn more.
To join our team, please submit your confidential resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, March 28, 2019 at 4:00 p.m. This position will remain open until a successful candidate is identified. Thank you for considering your career at Remai Modern.