Human Resources Business Partner
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) is responsible for developing, coordinating, maintaining, and implementing a full range of human resources programs, policies, procedures, and initiatives that align with the business objectives. The HRBP will act as a key enabler and ambassador of the culture, people and values. There will be a focus on supporting and coaching the leadership team at Remai Modern on all people matters and the commitment to the employee experience. They work closely with leaders and team members to foster a vibrant, friendly work environment that promotes strong collaboration, innovation, high performance, and continuous learning.
- Coaches Management and Supervisors to provide an excellent employee experience
- Embeds the culture and values in all HR related practices, policies, programs, and communications.
- Serves as a liaison to understand business priorities and assesses needs in staffing, organization design, performance management, change management, employee relations, new leader coaching, talent management, and career development.
- Recommends HR solutions, drives initiatives, implements new processes or tools in support of business priorities, project operations and overall team engagement.
- Meets with leaders and managers regularly to update on HR initiatives, discuss HR issues and collect feedback on team concerns.
- Diagnoses organizational challenges, develops solutions and partners with managers to implement action plans.
- Coordinates and facilitates the human resources related training activities and recommends training and development strategies to help the organization achieve its vision and strategic goals.
- Collaborates with the City of Saskatoon Human Resources team and other external specialized providers to help develop and implement HR programs and policies.
- Collaborates with the Union and the City of Saskatoon Labor Relations team to provide field level support to leaders in the interpretation and implementation of collective agreements, employment legislation, labour relations developments and employment standards. Provides support as required in grievances, mediation, arbitration, and collective bargaining preparation and implementation.
- Partners with business leaders to support the communication and transition plan on change initiatives impacting the business.
- Works closely with management and employees to improve relationships, engagement, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides general direction and guidance on workforce and succession and organizational design.
- Develops and nurtures partnerships through human resources to bridge the divide between management and employees.
- Maintains awareness of the culture, strategic plans, and financial position.
- Analyzes trends and metrics to develop and enhance solutions, processes, and programs that address current problems.
- Assists in the measuring, validating, and testing of the effectiveness of metrics that are applied by the business to assess and drive productivity optimization.
- Builds trusted relationships with senior stakeholders and leaders in the business.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Degree in Human Resources, Commerce, Business Administration or related field from a recognized University. Educational and experience equivalences may be considered.
- HR accreditation such as Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) is preferred.
- Seven to nine years' relevant and progressive experience providing guidance and services to leaders in the areas of workforce planning, talent management, employee relations, organizational development, organizational design and change management.
- Thorough knowledge of current philosophies and strategies used to enhance relationships between unions/employees and organizations
- Experience working in a highly unionised environment, ability to advise on CBA contracts and support managers to navigate investigations, discipline procedures and basic grievances.
- Strong client focus and interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to develop and nurture positive working relationships.
- Practical experience designing and delivering talent management and organizational development programs/solutions and evaluating their effectiveness.
- Practical experience managing HR projects and programs, including the ability to lead, motivate and coordinate the work of others.
- Strong learning agility, consulting orientation, client insight, strategic influencing and partnering skills.
- Strong organizational skills, business acumen, encompassing the ability to apply a broader corporate perspective.
- Ability to lead and facilitate meetings/training/sessions and work groups.
- Demonstrated success working in a highly collaborative and team-based environment.
Ability to think Logically & Creatively
SALARY: $90,114.00 to $105,883.92 per annum (2019 rates)
August 3, 2020APPLY NOW