Remai Modern celebrates successful 2018 in annual report
Saskatoon, Canada — Remai Modern released its 2018 annual report on March 27, showcasing a year marked by both financial and programming successes.
In Remai Modern’s first full year, the contemporary art museum achieved some important milestones, including, but not limited to:
- Ending the year with an operating surplus of $52,000
- Exceeding original visitation projections, with more than 420,000 visits
- Exceeding membership and admission revenue targets
- Surpassing a $1 million goal to be matched by the Frank and Ellen Remai Foundation, thanks to the support of members, donors and sponsors
- Supported more than 50 local artists, performers and speakers
- Interpreted significant global artists through a Saskatchewan point of view through our exhibitions program
“The 2018 Remai Modern annual report not only demonstrates key facts and figures in regards to Remai Modern’s financial successes, but also stories about the social and cultural impact the museum has here in Saskatoon and beyond,” said Celene Anger, Remai Modern’s interim COO. “The team here is working hard to continue that momentum and further grow our impact on the local community and with tourists.”
The 2018 Remai Modern annual report was approved March 26 by the Remai Modern Board at its annual general meeting. Please see the attached annual report for more details about Remai Modern in 2018.
Read Remai Modern's 2018 Annual Report
About Remai Modern
Remai Modern is a new museum of modern and contemporary art in Saskatoon. It aims to be a vibrant, imaginative and prescient museum committed to affirming the powerful role that art and artists play in questioning, interpreting and defining the modern era. Remai Modern is home to the world’s foremost collection of Picasso linocut prints, and aspires to be a leading centre for contemporary Indigenous art programming.
For additional information contact:
Stephanie McKay, Communications Manager 306.975.2242
Remai Modern is temporarily closed in an effort to help mitigate risks to the public related to the spread of COVID-19.
Questions? email firstname.lastname@example.org
102 Spadina Crescent East
Saskatoon SK S7K 0L3