Remai Modern is a new museum of modern and contemporary art in Saskatoon, a growing city on the vast and ever-changing Canadian Prairies. Remai Modern offers a unique perspective on art and culture in the 21st century, with an eye on the future.
Remai Modern is a thought leader and direction-setting art museum that boldly collects, develops, presents and interprets the art of our time.
Our mandate is to enable transformative experiences by connecting art with local and global communities.
REMAI MODERN IS...
- Defined by artists, and supports their work and vision to the fullest extent.
- Committed to interrogating the idea of “modern” from multiple cultural, historical and contemporary positions.
- Respectful of Canada’s Indigenous communities and aims to be a leading centre for contemporary Indigenous art and discourse.
- A leader in developing new models for sharing knowledge and engaging diverse communities.
- A platform for rethinking the role of the 21st-century art museum.
- A museum that invites everyone to actively participate in the artistic process.
Remai Modern is situated on Treaty 6 Territory and the Homeland of Métis. We pay our respects to First Nations and Métis ancestors and reaffirm our relationship with one another.
Remai Modern was made possible thanks to contributions from the Government of Canada, Province of Saskatchewan, City of Saskatoon, Frank and Ellen Remai and many private and corporate donors.
TUESDAYS & FRIDAYS
10 AM–10 PM
WEDNESDAYS & THURSDAYS
10 AM–5 PM
SATURDAYS, SUNDAYS & HOLIDAYS
10 AM–5 PM
Remai Modern is closed Mondays except for statutory holidays.