Remai Modern, a new museum of modern and contemporary art, opened on October 21, 2017 in Saskatoon, a growing city on the Canadian Prairies. Remai Modern is a direction-setting art museum and gathering place for culture and community. The building includes 11 gallery spaces, a 150-seat theatre, Shift restaurant, outdoor terraces and rooms with stunning views of the South Saskatchewan River. We provide a Canadian and Saskatchewan perspective on global modern and contemporary art movements through a mix of regional, national and international programs.
Remai Modern is a thought leader and direction-setting art museum that boldly collects, develops, presents and interprets the art of our time.
Our mandate is to enable transformative experiences by connecting art with local and global communities.
REMAI MODERN IS...
- Defined by artists, and supports their work and vision to the fullest extent.
- Committed to interrogating the idea of “modern” from multiple cultural, historical and contemporary positions.
- Respectful of Canada’s Indigenous communities and aims to be a leading centre for contemporary Indigenous art and discourse.
- A leader in developing new models for sharing knowledge and engaging diverse communities.
- A platform for rethinking the role of the 21st-century art museum.
- A museum that invites everyone to actively participate in the artistic process.
Remai Modern is situated on Treaty 6 Territory and the Homeland of Métis. We pay our respects to First Nations and Métis ancestors and reaffirm our relationship with one another.
Remai Modern programming is made possible through generous support from the Frank & Ellen Remai Foundation, the City of Saskatoon, the Canada Council for the Arts, the Saskatchewan Arts Board and SaskCulture through Sask Lotteries.
Wednesday 10 AM - 5 PM
Thursday 10 AM - 5 PM
Friday 10 AM - 9 PM
Saturday & Sunday 10 AM-5 PM
Questions? email firstname.lastname@example.org
102 Spadina Crescent East
Saskatoon SK S7K 0L3